Monster just released their latest data report on negotiating vacation and salary. Check out the highlights.
Vacation Day Negotiations
- Nearly 70% of those surveyed were notable to negotiate vacation days.*
- And, nearly 50% didn’t even try to negotiate for vacation days.**
- 1 in 5 respondents said they didn’t negotiate because they were just happy to get hired. **
- When asked how people secured salary at their current company, 4 in 10 employees said “the company told me what I would make.”*
- Nearly 15% gave a range and the company offered within that range, while 15% said the company gave less than what they asked for.*
- A mere lucky (or skilled) 4% got more than they asked for!*