“More than ever, valuing employees is a necessary recruitment and retention strategy.” Post-Pandemic valuing of employees includes:
- Flex-Time-Parents realized that they were not spending quality time with their kids and needed to increase this.
- Better Pay-People will not work for the bare minimum anymore. They want a livable and respectful wage.
- Being Open To Side Hustles-Many employers fret people doing things on the side to make extra money. People desire to make extra money without fear of losing their jobs.
- Treated With Respect-Fear managing will not work with this generation. Job seekers want to be respected and valued. Prospective employees have too many options.
- Shown Appreciation-Many of the staff of my customers tell me that a bit of appreciation for their work will go a long way. This paradigm is specifically true of the post-pandemic job seeker.
So, if you want to recruit and retain post-pandemic effectively, value your employees. Put systems in place, coach leaders, train managers, change your culture. If not, finding and keeping good people will be extremely difficult.
If not impossible.
Darrell “Coach D” Andrews is the President and Chief Passion officer of globally recognized workforce consulting, coaching, and training firm, Darrell Andrews, LLC and Associates.