Free is good. Especially when it comes to recruiting. Lots of companies don’t have huge recruiting budgets to find talent but if you know where to post you can offset your recruiting costs and keep your candidate pipeline flowing.
List updated as of October 2019
With that in mind, here is a comprehensive list of free sites to post your jobs. There are no hidden fees though many of them will let you upgrade to featured listings. They are “national” job sites that mainly serve the USA.
TIP: If you have time or have an intern on your staff, have them post a job to each of these sites and see how many applicants you can get. By leveraging ALL the free tools at your disposal, you may be able to reduce your recruitment spend on job ads.
- Recruiter.com – this site has a network of over 10,000 recruiters and offers free postings to employers. The site claims over 2 million monthly visitors.
- Facebook – The newest way to recruit for free is via your Facebook business page. Here’s a step by step guide. You should also seek out local job search groups where you can also post for free.
- Google for Jobs – Though you cant post directly to the site you can submit a xml job feed for free to receive free job seeker traffic. Click here to learn more about how it works.
- National Labor Exchange – in association with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies supplies your jobs automatically to the US National Labor Exchange. Note: State participation, registration, validation process and job posting time frames vary by state. Link.
- Angellist – Got tech jobs? Then you need to post your jobs on the best free tech job board online today. https://angel.co/
- The Ladders – Free, up to 20 job posts, with limited access to search and candidate profile data. Details.
- PostJobFree – A very simple looking job board that does exactly what it’s name implies. https://www.postjobfree.com/
- Jobspider – Another longtime free site with decent traffic. http://www.jobspider.com/
- Jobisite – employers may post as many job ads as they like and browse through applicants’ resumes with no restrictions.
- ActiveHire – ActiveHire is a combination job board, job aggregator, and resume database. Reach candidates from a wide variety of sources – job search engines, resume databases, social media, and direct applies. Automatically. Post your job openings for free.
- JobisJob – One of the newer entrants, this aggregator serves several other countries as well. https://www.jobisjob.com/
- Zippia – post a job for free and their AI matching algorithm will help you match it to relevant job seekers.
- Yakaz – Another free classified listing site. https://www.yakaz.com/
- Oodle Classifieds site with job listings and more. http://jobs.oodle.com/
- beBee – this social network for business professionals will help you connect with others in your industry in addition to letting you post free jobs. https://us.bebee.com/jobs
All the sites above have been online for many years and have real job seeker traffic.