It’s fall which means major retailers around the country are holding hiring days across the country. Here’s a quick roundup of those events.
- Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR), North America’s leading operator of discount variety stores, plans to hire more than 25,000 associates in its fourth annual Nationwide Hiring Event hosted at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar stores across the country on Wednesday, October 16.
- Macy’s, Inc. today announced plans to hire approximately 80,000 seasonal colleagues for positions at its Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores, call centers and distribution and fulfillment centers for the 2019 holiday season. The company also announced its national hiring event on Thursday, October 24, 2019, from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., in local time zones. Events will be held at all stores, call centers and distribution and fulfillment centers.
- In addition to hiring events and on-site interviews, Macy’s, Inc. offers quick and convenient phone interviews for online applicants. The phone interview process provides applicants the option to interview from wherever it’s convenient, and applicants often receive an offer the same day they apply.
- The U.S. Census Bureau is launching the nationwide 2020 Census recruitment campaign by holding informational events all over the country to answer questions about jobs and the hiring process with the goal of recruiting temporary workers for positions beginning in the spring of 2020. These jobs are critical to ensure a complete and accurate census. The Census Bureau needs to hire about 500,000 census takers across the country in 2020. In order to meet this goal, the Census Bureau is starting peak recruiting efforts now.
- Best Buy announced today that it’s hiring thousands of people across the country to work in stores and select warehouse facilities just in time for the holiday season. Hiring fairs will take place at all Best Buy stores on Oct. 10 and 11 from noon to 7 p.m. local time. For a list of all Best Buy stores visit BestBuy.com.
- Gap Inc. announced plans to hire seasonal associates for its Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, Old Navy, and Janie and Jack stores, as well as customer contact centers and distribution centers for the 2019 holiday season. The company plans to hire as many as 5,000 associates during the one-day event.
- Kohl’s will hold it’s first-ever national hiring event on Saturday, October 5 at all stores and e-commerce fulfillment centers nationwide.
- UPS plans to hire about 100,000 seasonal employees again this year to handle its expected increase in package volume throughout the holiday season, the company announced.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. plans to hire up to 8,000 seasonal workers for the holidays. To help with the effort, the company is hosting a jobs event, or “National Signing Day,” on October 16 where applicants will be interviewed.