SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 24, 2019 — Millennial employees are desperately seeking guidance in the workplace; 79% see mentoring as critical to career success according to the Huffington Post (March 11, 2017) and 43% plan on quitting their current job within two years according to Deloitte’s 2018 Millennial Survey.
Concurrently, employers are frantic to retain talented employees, but often view setting up mentorship programs as extremely labor-intensive and overwhelming to implement.
LEAD, a newly-launched mentoring platform, “streamlines mentoring, matching, scheduling, communicating, goal setting and reporting with AI (ML&NLP),” according Yumi A Kimura, LEAD’s Co-Founder and CEO. “It allows companies to analyze data to provide information about employees’ goals, conflicts and behaviors, utilizing anonymous analytics, something our competitors cannot do,” she adds.
LEAD currently has 1,000 beta testers, two customers, six MOU’s, and has recently launched their WeFunder campaign with the goal of raising $300,000 and offers stock sales for as little as $100. LEAD raised $310,000 in first-round funding in 2017. Please visit LEAD’s WeFunder page for more details: http://wefunder.com/lead
Free for individuals and offered at a low cost to companies, LEAD was developed “alongside neuroscientists, social behavior experts and business leaders, and allows companies to easily gain deep insights to improve employee performance, increase diversity, develop talent, maximize workplace satisfaction and help re-energize a company’s culture,” states Peter Pakalski LEAD’s COO.
Mentoring capitalizes on a company’s most valuable resource, its employees, and shows employees that an organization wants them to succeed. Garnering loyalty and increasing productivity from a better-trained workforce, mentoring, when done properly often results in increasing promotions for mentors and mentees – five to six times more than non-participating employees, according to Entrepreneur.com (June 25, 2018).
LEAD differs from all other mentorship platforms because:
- It’s a single product designed to uncover HR problems and aid in solving them
- It helps organizations ramp up their mentorship programs, easily and efficiently
- It allows users to keep mentors throughout the whole trajectory of their career
- It allows users to find mentors on their own, in a company as well as outside a company
- It allows employees to keep their mentors and contacts when they leave an organization
- It respects users’ privacy
- It’s based on NLP algorithms, and provides clean datasets, which reduces human error and bias
- It eliminates time-intensive interviewing and survey-taking, resulting in data gaps and potential low-level analysis by external HR consultants
LEAD works to solve HR challenges by cross-referencing data from employees’ experience, interests and behavior, including HCM (Human Capital Management) system, task management systems such as JIRA, as well as public information on LinkedIn to provide anonymized, aggregated analytics to team leaders.