New analysis from staffing firm PeopleReady finds that nearly five million jobs have been posted in the last month, including roughly one million in just the past seven days.
“A booming job market is welcome and needed after the last year of job loss and employment uncertainty for many people. While the sudden surge of jobs is creating worker supply challenges, the good news is that many job areas seeing the highest demand are creating opportunities for those workers negatively impacted at the height of the pandemic,” said Taryn Owen, president of PeopleReady. “Right now, we’re seeing both people and businesses needing help navigating what is a new job climate. As we move back to business as usual, connecting people and work has never been more crucial.”
According to the PeopleReady analysis of millions of jobs, some of the fastest-growing jobs in the past 30 days include:
- Food and beverage attendants, including waiters, saw job postings rise 365%.
- Catering service workers had a 259% increase.
- Stockroom associates had a 226% increase.
- Personal grocery shoppers jumped 146%.
- Line cooks rose 133%.
- Delivery drivers are up 100%.
- Warehouse associate jobs are also up 100%.
Job seeker activity is still down however so these new jobs will likely go unfilled for longer than usual.