The demand for nurses is expected to grow by 16 percent over the next ten years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. With the ever growing demand for nurses, comes the need for recruiters and sourcers to employ creative ways of finding them. One solution is to find nurses on Twitter. Like any other profession, nurses are represented in great number on Twitter. By learning how to locate nurses on Twitter, you will have acquired a valuable new tool with which to source.
Find Nurses on their Group and Association Twitter Pages
The easiest way to locate nurses on Twitter is to find nurses on their group and association Twitter pages. One way to find groups on Twitter is to type “registered nurse” and other nurse-related words in the advanced search section on twitter https://twitter.com/search-advanced?lang=en. An additional tip for finding nurse groups and associations on Twitter is to go to large RN association home pages and find their Twitter page. A final tip for finding nurse groups on twitter is to use this Boolean string inurl:lists site:twitter.com nurse and “Registered nurse” & inurl:lists site:twitter.com “registered nurse” conference. After you have found the nurse group and association twitter page, you can look at their followers and find a multitude of nurses with which to make a potential connection.
Use Boolean to find Nurses on Twitter
Having several effective Boolean Twitter searches can make the difference between finding a few profiles and finding a generous amount of potential candidates to contact.
Example 1. Using tweets and replies to find nurses, such as site: twitter.com “tweets and replies” registered nurse
Example 2. The above example you can also type in as specialty site: twitter.com “tweets and replies” Registered nurse “Icu”
Examples 3. Simple Old-School X-Ray Search site: twitter.com (rn OR “registered nurse”) (dallas OR texas).
Seven Free Sites to Search for Nurses on Twitter
- http://www.linkreaser.com/ – Find RNs through tweets on topics that interest them. Free for now during beta stage.
- twubs.com – Great tool for finding RNs through hashtags. Find real-time RN tweets, videos and photos.
- https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/ – Allows you to run real-time searches on RNs. Also allows you to run multiple twitter accounts.
- https://toolset.co/ – Good tool for finding people to follow. Find RNs based on keywords.
- https://moz.com/followerwonk/ – Great site for finding nurse Twitter influencers.
- http://hashtagify.me/ – On the site, you can find nurses by using hashtags.
- http://followfly.co/ – Fantastic site to look up almost anyone’s profile on Twitter. Use this tool to look at what potential RN candidates are up to on Twitter.
Steven Mostyn, MBA is one of the recognized leaders and innovators in recruitment and sourcing. Steve is an Amazon bestselling author and has been a featured writer in the media on the topic of recruitment and sourcing. Steve has an MBA with a focus in HR from Centenary College, and a Bachelor’s Degree from York University. Steven currently works for Adventist Health System where he manages a high performance team of 16 sourcing specialists. Steven can be reached via email at email@example.com or on social media https://www.facebook.com/stevenmostynmba/ & https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenmostyn