After leading the market in HR technology innovation for nearly 25 years, CareerBuilder is getting ready to launch a mobile experience that leverages artificial intelligence, augmented reality, gamification and hyper-localized search among other groundbreaking features. This exciting new mobile revolution for the dual-sided employment marketplace is an extension of CareerBuilder’s end-to-end solutions that cover every step of hiring.
“CareerBuilder has put a stake in the ground in wanting to ‘own’ the mobile experience for talent acquisition and job search,” said Kyle Lagunas, Research Manager at IDC. “This is a strategic move and differentiator in the midst of a mobile-first world and complex labor environment. CareerBuilder’s investment in incorporating AI and machine learning across their solutions and within their mobile offering is designed to bring a richer, more intuitive experience that expedites results for employers and candidates.”
The Problem With Today’s Employment Situation
Both employers and job seekers are struggling to navigate a labor environment plagued by tight labor pools, burgeoning skills gaps and a disparity in access to education and career opportunities. According to nationwide research by CareerBuilder1:
- 50 percent of employers say it is taking them longer to fill open positions than in any other period of time and 54 percent of employers say it is costing them more money to fill open positions due to low unemployment.
- 54 percent of workers feel like they just have a job, not a career and 36 percent of workers feel underemployed.
CareerBuilder is looking to help solve these issues by providing around-the-clock mobile access to talent, jobs and career information.
Bringing the Mobile Revolution to Job Seekers
More than 70 percent of CareerBuilder’s consumer audience is on mobile devices. Between 2015 and 2017, CareerBuilder moved its consumer website to a mobile responsive platform – and in 2017 it relaunched its iOS and Android mobile apps. Intent on leading the industry with a smarter, easier and more robust mobile capability, CareerBuilder continued to invest significantly in R&D and is rolling out new, patent-pending features that are redefining the job search experience:
- Resumes in less than a minute: Leveraging proprietary data science and technology, this AI-powered tool helps job seekers build and store a personalized resume with a few, simple clicks. The tool will also automatically apply to preferred jobs with targeted firms on the job seeker’s behalf if desired.
- Job search with augmented reality: As job seekers walk down the street, around a mall, etc., they will automatically see available jobs – and what they pay – at businesses around them through an innovative virtual experience.
- Hyper-localized job search: Based on their preferences, job seekers can easily locate job opportunities in very specific areas with map-based targeting.
- Career pathing & upskilling: To help plan the next step in their career, job seekers are shown higher paying jobs that require minimal training and options for obtaining additional skills.
- Automatic alerts: Job seekers can stay on top of their job search with new alerts that proactively inform them when their resume has been viewed and who is viewing it and when new job openings become available.
View a demo of the app here.
CareerBuilder’s new iOS app recently went live in the app store. In the months ahead, CareerBuilder will be launching the Android version of the app – along with more breakthrough features such as:
- Gamification: To introduce an element of fun, the app will enable job seekers to earn points and potential rewards for taking different actions.
- Social referrals: Employees can share jobs at their companies with friends in their social networks and earn points along the way.
“CareerBuilder is tapping into this trend of digital nomadism and delivering a mobile offering for the employment space that is different than anything else on the market today,” said Humair Ghauri, Chief Product Officer for CareerBuilder. “We are leveraging nearly 25 years of candidate conversion to help employers and talent connect anytime, anywhere with a deeper mobile experience. We also are helping to provide the modern workforce with the skills they need. Our goal is to mobilize every step of the job search and recruitment journey by creating a mobile revolution across our talent acquisition, employment screening and HCM software solutions.”