Indeed has announced expansion plans for the Seattle market. The company plans to hire more than 1,000 employees locally, where it’s also developing new 2+U office.
“We are excited to grow in Seattle, a city offering excellent access to a broad range of talent that has helped us innovate and deliver on our mission to help people get jobs, said Raj Mukherjee, Senior Vice President at Indeed. “As we look to expand in this market, the addition of 2+U will double Indeed’s local footprint, providing ample room for our growing workforce, including more than 1,000 new hires. We look forward to filling our offices with even more passionate team members that will help us further improve the value and service we provide job seekers and employers.”
Here are the highlights of the announcement.
- Indeed is expanding its office footprint in Seattle with a 200,000 sq ft lease in new 2+U office tower located at 1201 Second Avenue. The company is the first tenant to occupy the 38-story building, and teams will reside on top contiguous floors – 28 through 38
- 2+U will complement Indeed’s existing offices downtown at 1008 Western Ave (National) and 1301 2nd Avenue (Russell) for the foreseeable future. While construction timelines are still being determined, Indeed expects the first phase of its 2+U office to open in 2020.
- Seattle represents one of Indeed’s largest technical hubs globally, with over 400 local employees today. The 2+U expansion is expected to generate more than 1,000 new jobs locally over the next several years, with a focus on product management, marketing and engineering roles. Opportunities will be posted to www.indeed.jobs.
- Indeed is the largest job site in the world, connecting job seekers to millions of opportunities in over 60 countries and 28 languages. The company’s website is utilized across the globe by more than 250 million people each month, conducting any number of employment-related activities including searching for jobs, posting resumes, and researching companies. Founded in Austin and Stamford, CT in 2004, today Indeed has 7400+ employees across 27 offices in 14 countries globally.
- 2+U is a 686,000 square-foot office tower in the heart of Seattle’s Central Business District. Located at the corner of Second Avenue and University Street, the building is adjacent to Seattle Art Museum and Benaroya Hall, and just steps from the new waterfront. 2+U is lifted 85 feet off the ground at the highest point to create an outdoor urban village situated under the building. The urban village includes nearly a half-acre of open space designed for gathering and connecting tenants, neighbors and visitors with nearly 17,000 square feet of local retail, and arts and cultural space.