Employer branding is gaining steam among employers as the job market tightens and they struggle to attract the right talent.
As an industry anyone in HR/recruiter should start to look at employer branding as an important talent acquisition strategy. You should all know your EVP…employer value proposition…and be able to communicate that in your recruitment marketing channels. Your EVP should permeate everything potential candidates see.
Below are 5 tools/tactics that you should be looking to implement. ASAP.
- Social media – Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are a must for any employer. Use them and link back to your jobs and career site. Follow companies who are good at social media such as Gartner and Sodexo. They are good social recruiting role models to emulate. Show off your employees at work and give candidates a peek inside.
- Review sites – Glassdoor and Indeed company pages now allow you to publish content like
pics and status updates. Use them. The more active you are the better.
- Content marketing – start writing for your own blog and creating great content like these sponsored JobStories. Startups like FirmPlay also let you manage your content specifically for social media.
- Career site – make it mobile friendly with lots of pictures. Visual is in! Don’t have a recruiting video yet? Get one! Even if you have to have your intern make something you don’t necessarily need to make it highly polished. In fact candidates will appreciate ones that are raw and original.
- Job descriptions – make your job descriptions interesting. Hire a copywriter to make them read well. Tell the candidate why they should work there. In other words sell the company and then make the apply process smooth. Give your applicants as much feedback as possible.
Embedded post form Gartner on Instagram