Free is good. Especially when it comes to recruiting. Lots of companies don’t have huge recruiting budgets to find talent but if you know where to post you can offset your recruiting costs and keep your candidate pipeline flowing.
With that in mind, here is a comprehensive list of free sites to post your jobs. There are no hidden fees though many of them will let you upgrade to featured listings. They are “national” job sites that mainly serve the USA.
TIP: If you have time or have an intern on your staff, have them post a job to each of these sites and see how many applicants you can get. By leveraging ALL the free tools at your disposal, you may be able to reduce your recruitment spend on job ads.
- Facebook – The newest way to recruit for free is via your Facebook business page. Here’s a step by step guide. You should also seek out local job search groups where you can also post for free.
- Angellist – Got tech jobs? Then you need to post your jobs on the best free tech job board online today. https://angel.co/
- The Ladders – An oldie but goodie that still has a sizable resume database to search. https://recruit.theladders.com/
- PostJobFree – A very simple looking job board that does exactly what it’s name implies. https://www.postjobfree.com/
- Job of Mine – The free global job board. Post a job for any country. Online since 2008. https://www.jobofmine.com/
- Jobspider – Another longtime free site with decent traffic. http://www.jobspider.com/
- Backpage – A free classifieds site very similar to Craigslist. http://www.backpage.com/
- JobisJob – One of the newer entrants, this aggregator serves several other countries as well. https://www.jobisjob.com/
- Yakaz – Another free classified listing site. https://www.yakaz.com/
- AllStarJobs – A long running free job board with a great name. http://www.allstarjobs.com/
- JobsInTheUS – A national site that has been online since 1999. They operate 51 state sites and use JIUS as the free umbrella site for national job search. https://www.jobsintheus.com/
- Oodle Classifieds site with job listings and more. http://jobs.oodle.com/
- Resumark – The site is completely free to post but to download the full resume of applicants they charge $3. http://www.resumark.com
- beBee – this social network for business professionals will help you connect with others in your industry in addition to letting you post free jobs. https://us.bebee.com/jobs
All the sites above have been online for many years and have real job seeker traffic.
BONUS: Are you holding a job fair or open house? Post your event on Jobfairing for free.