Last week I got the chance to check out HR Tech Tank, a one day demo/panel event with a small group of VCs, practitioners and startup founders in NYC. Check out the video below for the pics.
There were several cool new HR tech startups that caught my eye. We saw eight demos that day and six of them caught my eye as the most interesting and practical for today’s recruiters. Here they are in no particular order.
1. Allwork – Meant for retail stores, this platform allows them to hire, manage and pay retail staff without all the headaches of finding and onboarding those workers. The Founder’s premise is that retail is changing and many stores now hire from outside service providers to staff up when needed.
2. Job Adx – think ‘Adsense for Jobs’. If you own a media site, blog or job board you can place a simple code on your site to display jobs and earn money. For employers the Adx technology allows you keep a steady stream of applicants for as long as your job is live. Utilizes a network of 900+ sites to drive candidate traffic. Keeps your job “always on top” of other listings.
3. RoiKoi – A referral platform that uses your phone’s contacts to create a list of possible candidates. User is asked a simple question, “Who would you want to work with again?”. They then go though their contacts and highlight that person for your recruiting team. Apparently this is how companies like Google and Facebook do with new employees on their first day. ROIKOI puts that idea into a software platform.
4. Amazing Hiring – A tech candidate search engine similar to Entelo and Hiring Solved but they only focus on tech talent. What’s unique about AH is the type of ranking you get for each candidate.
5. Know Your Crew – This is an engagement tool to help your team members get to know one another. They help you create short programs for your teams built around certain goals. Helps companies go beyond the typical weekend retreat/happy hour events to create more lasting team building.
6. PreferHired – Founded by 2 ex-Recruitics employees, this is an open referral platform that lets companies set their own rates to get referrals. Platform pays for interviews and hires. It is a true PPA play and they only make money if a successful referral is made. They take 18-25% of whatever fee is set.
HRtechTank is a global series of demo days for HR tech investors and practitioners to network and learn. The next one tales place in Amsterdam in July. Also Washington DC may be added soon.